Joel Spolsky – Joel on Software – How to Achieve Tech Team Nirvana
- The smaller the team the better
- Productivity is mostly hurt by interruptions
- Having meetings after lunch – so people are more attentive (not hungary or previously doing something productive)
- Office equipment is very important for productivity – get a aeron chair, adjustable desk, two big external monitors, flowers in the bathroom, lots of food in the kitchen so they don’t leave for lunch everyday, eat lunch together as a group with long tables. The fewer the tables the better so that we all interact, etc.
- Treat your company and employees like a movie set
Joel showed pictures of his office and it is awesome! All employees should be treated like that!