Joe Stump – Digg – Scaling your tech team
- Lower barriers – make it easy for people to use code, focus on specialties and specific areas.
- Communicate using tools such as Basecamp and Trac
- Pick your coding standards and conventions and stick with them
- Make sure to use SVN.
- Promote ownership – we are not experts in all areas
- Design using a whiteboard before starting – come up with names and code flow.
- Use a framework – Symfony, cakePHP, etc.
- Do unit and web based testing – Selenium does web based testing
- Document your code (ex. PHP documenter)